Saturday, March 3, 2012

Volunteer at hospital

Some of you already know and some of you might not. I have been continuing my education, and last semester I took an English class online. Now, I am to the point in my classes where I need to decide what field of study I would like to follow.
I made a commitment that if I didn't register another class this semester, then I would follow an idea I had. I thought I could volunteer at a hospital, so I could be involved with different aspects of the medical field and see what I like, since that's what interests me so far.
So this March I started the process. And finally, out of 3 hospitals, St. Luke's Hospital Vintage Park emailed me and they accepted my application. I interviewed, did my health screening and I was ready to go.
So, today Apr. 3rd, I went for the orientation. We received a manual, some training, a tour of the hospital, and I bought my jacket. I was excited, and Wally is probably more excited than me! :). I start tomorrow. I offered I could go once a week and do a 4-hour shift.

No comments:

Post a Comment