Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Hospital - 3rd day.

9am-1pm shift. Today I was at the Welcome desk with Mishelle. We talked and decided I was going to go do the complimentary snacks cart. I was somewhat nervous since I had to do it on my own. I don't know the whole hospital so I took a map with me, but didn't even use it. I started in the Emergency department, then went to the 2nd floor to Labor and Delivery. There I saw newborn twins, and new parents. Then I went by ICU for family members to grab something. I proceeded to the 3rd floor, which is the busiest, and then I ended in the 4th floor.
I saw the same elderly lady as last week and she was happy she was getting out the next day, after 2 1/2 weeks of being there. I was able to speak spanish to 2 other patients. I saw the same respiratory care doctor I met last week and she recognized me, and the radiologist expressed his gratitude to me for the time the volunteers give. I also met a lady in the kitchen, Marlene, and 2 of the chefs.
After I did the cart, I went back to the Welcome desk with Mishelle and learned some more hospital procedures. It was a good day.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the volunteering you are great Melissa!

    ReplyDelete